ERISA/Employee Benefits Resources

Guest friedbrain

I have several recommendations:

1. This website is terrific. I use it everyday.

2. The "Panel" series of textbooks is pretty good, and is generally user-friendly.

3. Other texts of long-standing, such as "Pension Planning" (publisher is Irwin),and "Fundamentals of Private Pensions" (part of a series published/sponsored by the Wharton School).

4. There are several CD-ROMs that are excellent research sources. Try RIA, CCH, BNA, Spencers, etc. In our office, we have 2: the BNA research service (includes IRC, regs, DOL, PBGC, relevant court cases, etc. Very good.) and a CD of all (or most) of the Panel books (Pension Answer Book, 401k Answer Book, etc. Also good.)

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

You might also want to consider Sal Tripodi's The ERISA Outline Book. It is extremely thorough and detailed. We use it all the time.

The ERISA Outline Book and other reference materials are available from ASPA. Call them at 703 516-9300 or check their web site for their catalog.

• 10 months later...