Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have a situation where the employer was contributing double the amount they withheld on two employee's simple IRA due to an error on the payroll companies report totals. Now the kicker is the employee's W-2 and pay-stubs read the correct amount the Employee's for a total of 4 years this went on. The employee's do not have the money in their simple IRA anymore for us to do any type of return of funds so the only other option if any is to let the employee's keep it and then they will have to claim it as income, get corrected W-2's and amend their taxes for all 4 years? Does anyone have any advice :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...