Form 500 Line 9 - Active Participants Covered by Other Plans

Pension RC

Line 9 on PBGC Form 500 asks for the percentages of the active participants who will be covered by other plans. I assume that this refers to other plans sponsored by the same employer who sponsors the terminating DB plan - correct?

Thanks for any responses!

Line 9 on PBGC Form 500 asks for the percentages of the active participants who will be covered by other plans. I assume that this refers to other plans sponsored by the same employer who sponsors the terminating DB plan - correct?

Thanks for any responses!

They are active participants, which (to me, at least) strongly implies that there are no other employers in sight to cover them. And even if they are working two jobs, what happens in the other job stays in the other job. The government only cares about what is being done for them by the employer terminating its plan.

Always check with your actuary first!

The government only cares about what is being done for them by the employer terminating its plan.

...or "to them". <_<

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.