Missed contributions

Recommended Posts

Can anyone offer suggestions on the best way to handle missed contributions? I have an employee who should have been enrolled in a 401(a) plan (non-ERISA) requiring an employee contribution and an employer match. Due to an administrative error, the employee was never enrolled and we have to make-up 3 years.

Can the adjustment be made currently or do we have to go back and retroactively amend tax forms?


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you talking about a 401(a) plan or a 457 plan? This is in the 457 topic, but appears not to relate to a 457 plan.

Since you say it's a non-ERISA plan, what kind of plan is it? Governmental? Church? We have forums for both governmental and church plans, so you might want to post in the appropriate one.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now