Awarding Paid Time Off - ERISA and Tax Issues

Hi. Can anyone point me to a good discussion/article on issues (ERISA, tax, other, etc.) related to an employer awarding or granting paid time off as an incentive award to employees?

My employer is considering doing this, and I wanted to read up on issues related to this practice. I have been unable to find anything when searching online.

Thanks.

I'm not aware of any ERISA specific issues, but PTOs bring up a host of tax issues. There was a good article back in 2013 called "Leave and Learn" by Yelena Gray in the Tax Management Compensation Planning Journal that you can google. Not exactly focused on incentive awards, but will get you thinking about the important topics like constructive receipt.

I'm not aware of any ERISA specific issues, but PTOs bring up a host of tax issues. There was a good article back in 2013 called "Leave and Learn" by Yelena Gray in the Tax Management Compensation Planning Journal that you can google. Not exactly focused on incentive awards, but will get you thinking about the important topics like constructive receipt.

Griswold - thanks for sharing. This article is helpful; but you are right that it does not speak to granting PTO as an incentive award. I am still searching for a discussion on that topic. Thank you.