Sign in to follow this  
lippy

Easy way to view list of topics having recently added messages

In the good old days, when I hovered over "message boards," I'd get a little drop-down menu where I could select "latest messages" and get a list of threads that had posts in the last day or so. One entry per thread, regardless of the number of posts. Good times.

Now when I do the aforementioned hover and click, I get a little error warning and no threads. If I click "activity" I get a list of what seems to be every post from the last day or whatever time period, and I'm not really liking that view much. Is a list of active threads like before somewhere and I'm just missing it?

Oops - the drop-down menu error was an oversight - should be fixed now to the "New Activity" page.

You can whittle down the items on that page:  click on the "Activity" tab, then on "Unread Content" -- then you'll see a line of buttons to select what you'd like to see  ("Show Me", "Content types", "Read status", etc.). 

You can also save choices as an "Activity Stream":  click on the "Activity" tab, then on "My Activity Streams" ... then "Create new stream".  You can select what you'd like to see, give that set of options a name ... and it will be there under "My Activity Streams" next time you visit.

Hope that helps - if it's not clear, please ask - we'll do our best!

Kind of related I would prefer if I only see one copy of each topic. 

For example currently if I go to All Activity I see this topic once where the original question was asked, then a second time where you replied and I assume after I add this I will see it a third time.

I haven't found a filter to get it such I just see this topic once.  If there is a way to just see it once it would be great and any insight how to set the filters to do that would be helpful.

Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks, Lois. It's a little different, but it looks like I can get to pretty much the same view as before using the "content items only" you suggested.

lippy, also try clicking on the "Condensed" button (I believe the "Expanded" button is selected by default), which makes the list of recently changed topics even more brief (the Condensed version does not show an excerpt of the first sentence or two of the most recently posted message in each recently changed topic and instead only lists the recently changed topics).

You can bookmark that Condensed list of topics, using this URL:

https://benefitslink.com/boards/index.php?/discover/unread/&view=condensed

(but you need to be signed/logged in, in order for it to display properly)

The URL for the Expanded list of topics is:

https://benefitslink.com/boards/index.php?/discover/unread/&view=expanded

(but you need to be signed/logged in, in order for it to display properly)