Sign in to follow this  
Tom Poje

Dang it, it is PI day and you didn't tell me

well, at least one pizza place from time to time has buy one 'pi' get one free, so I guess I need to celebrate the day.

double dang it, it may be 3/14 but it is only 1:36 so I am posting a little early

I also missed it, but at least I have a valid excuse (not a note from my Mother) - we were in the midst of getting 30+ inches of snow. Fortunately all of the light and fluffy variety. Way better than the hurricanes that Tom has to worry about!

I have lived here since 1992. since that time, on a few occasions the power has gone off, never more than a day. last year's storm was just bad enough to soften the ground and with wind put a nice lean and slightly uproot my grapefruit tree - maybe about 12 foot tall, but not an overly large tree. that was October, I let the fruit ripen, must have been close to 500 grapefruit and then cut the thing down a few weeks ago (and promptly planted a new tree as soon as they had one in stock).

I'd rather have winter and tulips and daffodils and all the other spring beauty in exchange....