Problems with attachments in the FTW 5500 module

RatherBeGolfing

First of all big thanks to Dave for adding a FTW user group!

I am having a small issue in the 5500 module.  Every attachment is upside down no matter what the actual orientation is.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I spoke to support last week and so far the only work around that seems to be effective is to "print to .pdf" from the .pdf that shows upside down.  Basically a copy of a copy to make it work at the moment.  

38 minutes ago, NJ Mike said:

I am not having any problems with the attachments, so far.  Very glad to see this topic being added.  We use their document and 5500 systems.

Mike

I know some people who have had the issue in the past but I seem to be special at the moment lol.  We use FTW for documents, admin and 5500/1099

But there may be something funky going on anyway. Just filed a 5500 this morning, and I always print the screen that shows status as "accepted" with the acknowledgement id, etc. - this morning, for the first time ever, this wouldn't print and I got some error message that the requested URL "was not found on this server."

So I just cut and pasted it so I could print, but strange nonetheless. If it persists, I'll have to contact them. Then there was an "Apache/2.2.15 (Red Hat) Server at www,ftwilliam.com Port 443" below the error message. Since I'm not computer literate, I don't know if this means the problem is with FT William, or the DOL, or whatever. At least the 5500 status was "accepted" so that's good!

27 minutes ago, Belgarath said:

But there may be something funky going on anyway. Just filed a 5500 this morning, and I always print the screen that shows status as "accepted" with the acknowledgement id, etc. - this morning, for the first time ever, this wouldn't print and I got some error message that the requested URL "was not found on this server."

So I just cut and pasted it so I could print, but strange nonetheless. If it persists, I'll have to contact them. Then there was an "Apache/2.2.15 (Red Hat) Server at www,ftwilliam.com Port 443" below the error message. Since I'm not computer literate, I don't know if this means the problem is with FT William, or the DOL, or whatever. At least the 5500 status was "accepted" so that's good!

Probably not a DOL issue.  I believe the "port" is basically where your server meets the secure FTW server.  I would expect that to be a temporary issue but I will be on the look out for it as well.

• 2 months later...
On 6/19/2017 at 8:26 AM, RatherBeGolfing said:

First of all big thanks to Dave for adding a FTW user group!

I am having a small issue in the 5500 module.  Every attachment is upside down no matter what the actual orientation is.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I spoke to support last week and so far the only work around that seems to be effective is to "print to .pdf" from the .pdf that shows upside down.  Basically a copy of a copy to make it work at the moment.  

I just noticed this thread.  We had one issue once with PDF attachments for one 5500.  We think we narrowed it down to how the PDF file was created, but I don't think we found out how or why.  In our case, the PDF attachment was side-ways.  I think we left it as is when we electronically filed.   Maybe that's why printing to a PDF "fixed" the issue.

Seems like PDF files can be created in many different ways, and the "coding" of the PDF file is in the file itself.