Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Correction of Overpayment from Terminated Plan?

Recommended Posts

401(k) plan was terminated in 2018. Due to a recordkeeping error, assets were incorrectly distributed to Employee A instead of Employee B.  Plan sponsor needs to correct the overpayment to Employee A and the incorrect distribution (i.e. underpayment) to Employee B.  

How is this done if the 401(k) plan and trust have been terminated?  They can recover the overpayment from Employee A, but how is it formally returned to the plan and distributed to Employee B if the plan has been terminated? Do they need to rescind the termination?  

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Create New...