CPC Modules and Written Exam

Trying to get a sense of what I'm up against before purchasing.  Only one of my coworkers has taken this exam and it was quite some time ago...  I have 3 years of experience in the retirement industry (got my QPA in February 2018) but would like to tackle this sooner than later. 

Specifically, how long do the modules alone take to complete? How much time should I allot to study for the written exam afterwards? Would it be beneficial to purchase all 4 elective modules?

Any help would be great..  Thanks!!

I pre-purchased the modules in the bundle to get them done. I gave myself a month for each module but you could probably do it more quickly if you wished. They are open book, not proctored so not so bad.

The actual CPC exam I felt was extremely easy compared to all the other examinations and to be honest after its all said and done, I felt a little cheated that the last exam was just fluff and focused on mainly the most basic of questions for each of the main topics. I would say of all the exams its definitely the easiest. I gave myself 3 months to study and take exam but I didn't need it. You almost don't even need to read the CPC book if you studied for all the other materials, you could pass without reading.

• Like 1

Thanks for the insight.  When did you sit for the written exam and what did you find to be the most helpful study material?

In your opinion, would I have enough time to complete all modules and study for a mid-November written exam date?  Assuming I start studying in the next couple weeks.

If you were compelled to pump out the modules and do a brief read of the CPC examination booklet I would think you could make the November examination deadline.  A month for the modules and a month for the CPC exam. If you did well on the other exams, and you took them recently I'd say do it just to get it out of the way because the information is probably pretty fresh.

• Like 1