Retiring end of Aug

A salute, and thanks, to you sir.  And I'll be glad to eat one (or more) of your cookies.

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

Hey Tom - I echo all the good comments and sentiments that you have received, and will continue to receive. You're also one of the few people who appreciate (or at least somewhat understand) my own bizarre sense of humor.

Good luck as you waltz through this next chapter in your life. It would be lovely if you have the time to occasionally post something humorous, but if not, it has been a pleasure corresponding with you on this board. Enjoy every day!

Best wishes on your retirement. My mom is 98 1/2 and in good health.  I have a few years till retirement--will be so glad to be out of this racket.  Enjoy your time with your mom! 

4 out of 3 people struggle with math

Tom Poje, thank you for generosity and for your essay, which gives us a reminder about the purpose of the plans we work on -- to help people get more choices about how to live out one's days in this world.  AMDG.

Peter Gulia PC

Fiduciary Guidance Counsel

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

215-732-1552

Peter@FiduciaryGuidanceCounsel.com

4 hours ago, Tom Poje said:

My favorite being the springerle.

Thanks for all your wisdom and happy retirement!

And for resurrecting great memories - my old world German grandmother made those, they were awesome, and she lived to almost 103 (must have been the cookies!), so wishing you that quality time with your mom.

Best of luck!

Kenneth M. Prell, CEBS, ERPA

Vice President, BPAS Actuarial & Pension Services

kprell@bpas.com

To the springerle lovers ("only" have around 30 or so different molds I have gotten over the years, most generally religious theme) I forget most people have never seen them before so Iit is an extra treat the first time when they get one.

(not my pictures, but I have done these) instead of Anise for the flavoring -

cocoa powder for chocolate springerle

101369175_chocospingerle.png.d6a3fbe10d502b3f07579732ec907cbb.png

using Jello for color and flavor last year I made green wreaths for Advent (though this recipe is actually a butter cookie - but I promise myself I will try it with the springerle recipe)

568120930_jellospringerle.png.6119045935677eaaac640bac6a2f8ea2.png

Tom, I hope you will continue to be a frequent contributor to the "Humor, Inspiration, Miscellaneous" message board!

Retirement -- what a concept. Now you've got me to thinking that maybe I should start setting aside some savings.

Your posts have been tremendously valuable, and fun. Thank you so much for being so generous.

Dude. Congratulations!

Tom, congratulations and best wishes!   I will miss your knowledge, sense of humor, constant willingness to help, and always positive attitude.  And your amazing patience.  Those are things we will always remember. 

Best wishes!  Make sure to come back and visit when you have a new album of Pension songs!