Rebalance 401(k) Account / Participant Loans

austin3515

On 9/17/2019 at 5:21 PM, RatherBeGolfing said:

I'll be there Austin.  I got a later flight than usual on Wednesday so I'll actually get to stay for the entire last session :)

And I'll be there. I'm co-chairman of the conference this year. This is my fifth and final year on the committee. I rotate off after this year.

William C. Presson, ERPA, QPA, QKA
bill.presson@gmail.com
C 205.994.4070

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2019 at 4:50 PM, austin3515 said:

OK, we'll all be waiting with baited breath to see what the response is! I won't be able to make it myself.

@austin3515  the ask the experts panel agreed with you, as the loan is an investment, you can rebalance.  They hedged by added that just because it can be done, it doesnt mean that it should be done.  There was also a comment questioning whether you really want to put that kind of language in your plan document, leaving open the question of whether additional language is needed

On 10/23/2019 at 11:01 AM, RatherBeGolfing said:

@austin3515  the ask the experts panel agreed with you, as the loan is an investment, you can rebalance.  They hedged by added that just because it can be done, it doesnt mean that it should be done.  There was also a comment questioning whether you really want to put that kind of language in your plan document, leaving open the question of whether additional language is needed

You beat me to this. Thanks for this summary.

William C. Presson, ERPA, QPA, QKA
bill.presson@gmail.com
C 205.994.4070