PBGC filing

Is it possible to find out if a plan has ever filed with the PBGC?

I am thinking the Plan Sponsor would have to call the PBGC and identify himself - thus begging the question, "why do you ask?"

Dealing with about the worst situation I have ever seen a Plan Sponsor in.

Thanks for any ideas on this. 

CBW

If you set them up for filing this year on myppa.gov do you get access to past filing history?

Or does myppa.gov only store only the history you done from prior years? I haven't been in a situation like yours so unfortunately I can't give you a firm answer.

Has a 5500 been filed?  If prior 5500's filed, and no PBGC filing, it seems likely someone has already received a letter of inquiry.

Is it possible the plan is exempt from PBGC?

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

Lou:  I am not setting up anything for this pile-o-you know what

David:  Plan was effective 1/1/2015, EEs are eligible, no 5500s on the DOL site.  No inquiry from IRS, DOL or PBGC received.  No way exempt from PBGC coverage.

To give you and idea, for the owner alone, age 62, Plan has 100% of pay formula, owner has over $200,000 in W-2 every year and Plan has $85,000 in it.

Just learned of plan last week, trying to get my feet on the ground for step one.

Thanks for your replies.

CBW