Health Insurance opt out

Can an employer offer an "opt out" incentive for employees who decline coverage ( only if enrolled the previous year) and not offer any incentive to employees who have never participated in the plan? The former saves huge money and only makes sense, but is not offered to me.

The use of a forum such as this does not lend itself to answering this question easily.  There is too little info provided.  Might be better to discuss with a competent advisor in person.  Short answer, an opt-out is allowable, but there are many variables that need to be taken into account when designing.

I do not believe I understand the scenario you outlined.  Are you saying the opt-out is only available to employees who were participating in the plan during the previous plan year?  Or to say another way, to be eligible for the opt-out the employee must take the health insurance for one year?  If this is true, I doubt if it meets the requirements, but again, too many missing pieces to give you a definitive answer.  Or are you asking if an opt-out is allowable?