electronic filing of 1099-R forms

I have a TCC for the IRS FIRE site and file the 8955-SSAs for our clients after they review them. 

Can I use the same TCC to file the 1099-R forms for the few that we do?  I wasn't sure if that same TCC code will work or if I have to prepare a 4419 and get a different TCC to file the 1099-R forms.

Still have some small balance forward plans and have been preparing paper forms.

Thanks in advance and hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

This is Block 8 on the Form 4419...

8. Check the box(es) next to the form type(s) for which you are requesting an additional TCC
Note: The IRS encourages transmitters who file for multiple payers to submit one application and use the assigned TCC for all payers.
Forms 1097, 1098, 1099, 3921, 3922, 5498 and W-2G (See Publication 1220)
Form 1042-S, Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding (See Publication 1187)
Form 8027, Employer’s Annual Information Return of Tip Income and Allocated Tips (See Publication 1239)
Form 8955-SSA, Annual Registration Statement Identifying Separated Participants with Deferred Vested Benefits (See Publication 4810)

This is from the Form 4419 instructions...

Block 8 - Only check the box next to the form types for which you are requesting an additional TCC. A separate TCC will be assigned for each box checked in Block 8. Required.

(emphasis is mine)

So looks like you get different TCC's for each form.  We have separate TCC's.

Thank you.

Interestingly enough - I went back and found the original 4419 from 2011. 

It appears that if I had checked the 1099 box in addition to the 8955-SSA box at that time, then I would be able to use the same TCC number. 

Ulitmately I did not and therefore will have to file 4419 again for another TCC for the 1099-R forms .

FWIW - I believe that if you are applying for a TCC for the first time you can check as many boxes as you want in Block 7 and would be issued one TCC for as many types of filings as you marked). 

The TCC to access the 1099R section of FIRE has ALWAYS been different than the TCC used to file Form 8955-SSA thru the FIRE system.  If you selected more than one filing type on the same 4419, it just means that the IRS would assign a different TCC for each filing type.

Kristina

I did not carefully read the instructions for Block 8:

"Block 8 - Only check the box next to the form types for which you are requesting an additional TCC. A separate TCC will be assigned for each box checked in Block 8."

Thank you Kristina....