Form 5500 Sch SB Prefix

Lou S.

EFAST will accept either prefix.  So any filings you submit before you have submitted your Application for Renewal of Enrollment and paid the fee would use the 17 prefix and after the 20 prefix.  If you are recently enrolled and have to meet additional requirements before your renewal is approved, use the 17 prefix until you are notified of your renewal.

Kristina

I find the instructions that address this issue are a bit unclear:

"If you meet both deadlines, you may begin using the “20-” prefix with your enrollment number beginning April 1, 2020, regardless of whether you received an official renewal notice from the Joint Board. "

May????? This implies that you can continue to use the "17-" prefix for some indeterminate period of time after March 31, 2020. That doesn't seem right to me. I think what the instructions are trying to say here is closer to:

If you meet both deadlines, you may begin using the “20-” prefix with your enrollment number beginning April 1, 2020, regardless of whether you received an official renewal notice from the Joint Board. Even if both deadlines are met, you may continue using the "17-" prefix until you receive an official renewal notice. Once you receive an official renewal notice you must use the "20-" prefix.

Kristina, your post indicates that since I submitted and paid already I can use "20-" without waiting for April 1st and that doesn't seem right to me, either.