Covid distribution if SPOUSE gets laid off

So the legislation doesn't count a participant as an "eligible" participant if the participant's SPOUSE gets laid off due to Covid-related employer financial issues at the spouse's employer. I'm guessing the odds are  that Treasury will add this situation to the list of "other factors" to be determined? Anyone heard anything on this? I'd rather expect that there will unfortunately be a huge number of such situations.

28 minutes ago, Belgarath said:

So the legislation doesn't count a participant as an "eligible" participant if the participant's SPOUSE gets laid off due to Covid-related employer financial issues at the spouse's employer. I'm guessing the odds are  that Treasury will add this situation to the list of "other factors" to be determined? Anyone heard anything on this? I'd rather expect that there will unfortunately be a huge number of such situations.

This has come up a time or two on other threads (I brought it up as well) and the consensus seems to be that the definition will be expanded to include this. But nothing formal that I've seen yet.

WCP

William C. Presson, ERPA, QPA, QKA
bill.presson@gmail.com
C 205.994.4070