7-8 Month VCP Turnaround

FWIW, I just received two compliance statements for VCP applications filed in early August and early September 2019, respectively.  Not sure what others are experiencing in that regard.  Given recent confusion about referral to audit which was all a misunderstanding but which was rooted in how overloaded the program is, I am trying to calibrate clients' expectations about the program going forward. Would be interested to hear of other experiences with turnaround times.

We've experienced turnaround times of 4 months to two years - with no rhyme or reason as to why (i.e., not based on complexity).  We try to set expectations appropriately, but clients generally aren't happy.  Something about "certainty" that they expect.  We resist the urge to call the IRS for status - as poking a bear has never yielded good results.  Something about being asked to rush usually means a cursory review and questions that h ave already been answered had a more thorough review been undertaken.

21 minutes ago, Christine Roberts said:

Thanks for these comments.  4 months would be nice...!

Four month regularly would be nice, but alas, it's rare.  We seeing more 9 months to 15 as the more typical.

They must have done something to flush these out. I just got a compliance statement on one in late March, then a request for additional information a few days later on a different one. If memory serves, both were filed in early (i.e., January or February) 2019. 

6 hours ago, imchipbrown said:

I did two VCPs for Non-Amenders.  The one with one missed cycles submitted 11/17 and approved 12/01.  The other, two cycles missed,  submitted 11/21 and approved 12/26.

Wow!  Can I borrow your magic wand? 

I had one like that as well. It was a straightforward non-amender and we had the compliance letter in under two weeks. 

The two that took much longer were individualized requests that didn't have a pre-approved correction under EPCRS.