Accrued Dividends

I don't think there's anything saying you have to do it one way or the other. But if you're doing it one way and you wanted to change, that would be a change in funding method which would have to be approved by the IRS.

Free advice is worth what you paid for it. Do not rely on the information provided in this post for any purpose, including (but not limited to): tax planning, compliance with ERISA or the IRC, investing or other forms of fortune-telling, bird identification, relationship advice, or spiritual guidance.

Corey B. Zeller, MSEA, CPC, QPA, QKA
Preferred Pension Planning Corp.
corey@pppc.co

My experience is that accrued income is included.  I've also included that information in the ASC715/FAS87 assets.  Probably, the important rule is "Be consistent".  If considering a change for funding purposes, don't forget to review the relevant Rev Proc w/r/t to above advice.  If considering a change for accounting purposes, get advance input from the auditor.

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.