Within the ESOP hemisphere, there are primarily two associations,  the NCEO (National Center for Employee Ownership)  and the ESOP Association.  Both have excellent materials for its members. In my opinion, the ESOP Association has more materials for practicing professionals, versus employers that sponsor ESOP's.    

I would agree the ESOP Association seems to have be more geared towards the industry professional vs the NCEO which clearly has an employee owned company as more of its goal. 

I will say that ESOPs are a real specialty to themselves.   I am not trying to be mean but I cringe whenever we get a client whose former TPA was a 401(k) shop that was doing the ESOP work as a courtesy to their 401(k) client.   They have a very high VCP filing record after we start to dig into them.

If you want to learn I would suggest you find out which ESOP Association chapter you live in.  If you live in the US you live in a chapter's territory.   You can find out when they are having local conferences.  They all have at least 2/year.  I would think about attending those.  The chapter conferences are less expensive and since it is broken down into territories you might not incur as large travel costs.   They all have good breakout sessions.  

If you just can't make a conference if you join the NCEO they have a 1 hour webinar most weeks of the year that is free to members.  They happen around lunch time if you are in the Eastern or Central time zones.  If you are west of that it is still morning when they happen.   At one hour they aren't going to be super detail but you can get a good idea of the issues.  

I've always been impressed by the NCEO events I've gone to. It's not really aimed at lawyers, but lawyers can learn a lot there, especially if you're starting from zero. As a bonus, it's a bit more affordable than the ESOP Association, especially for new members.