Org Structure

Considering a change to org structure to include Senior Plan Administrator and Plan Administrator (and possibly Jr. Plan Administrator). Did anyone have criteria to make someone a Senior Administrator vs a regular Plan Administrator? Is it just experience in years worked in the industry (after 10 or 15 years?)  or would it be taking on additional roles?

Thanks!

I find different TPAs have different titles.  All our TPA admins are Plan Administrators, regardless of initials after their names, which just mean you know how to study for a test.

4 out of 3 people struggle with math

Some of the places I've been, there were different tiles to manage compensation in the HR software.

Other places it was to assuage egos.  "Hey, Jim, you're doing a great job.  Here's a 1.5% raise, but we are also making you a SENIOR Account Consultant!"

I some places it stemmed from a combination of experience and responsibilities.  Early on, I became a Sr. Acct Executive with around 4-5 years of experience when there were others with 10 or 12.  It's because I knew more and wanted to know more.  Some people just go in and do their job; if something is above their head, they ask their supervisor instead of learning it themselves.  I wanted to know the WHY not just the HOW.

I have been on the flip side, too, where people who had less experience (years-wise)  were my supervisor.

It all depends on the size of the department, ranges of experience (and not all experience is the same!), egos, and necessity.

I would certainly say if someone has a lot more responsibility than a co-worker, then that person gets a different title.

QKA, QPA, CPC, ERPA

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.