RPA (Robotic Process Automation)

Our firm is interested in strategizing on best practices for pursuing robotic process automation into our TPA practice.   Do any of your firms currently utilize BOTS and if so, how did you get started? Do you have internal staff who were able to write/program basic bots or did you utilize the services of a different firm/contractor to learn your processes and write these for you?  Do you have firms you could point us to that would explain their practices so we can begin pursuing this type of automation in our firm?  Any direction you may provide is greatly appreciated as we begin to explore what works and doesn't work and what will be most beneficial for our firm.

Thank you!

We (ASC) work with several firms who use have started to use RPA but mostly our Single Step Processing system as it involves customizing the wizards with logic based on each firm's processes.  I'll be happy to discuss your needs off line.  My email is MSmith@asc-net.com 

I assume this is related to 3(16) work where you are trying to log in to ADP or PayChex and download the applicable payroll reports? I know there are some firms out there that outsource this function. So far we've decided to steer clear of that (we can old muck up the waters), but that could change from day to day!  I don;t remember the names for you, but I too am curious to know if this is what you are referring to.

Thank you everyone.   We are in early exploratory stages as well.  Tasks we have been told have been automated by other firms include downloading notices and reports from the various platforms and storing/saving them on our internal network in a usable format and in the proper location, generating safe-harbor notices, running reports automatically from our client management system. There are so many basic tasks that appear could be automated and ran over night to where staff arrived in the morning already had part of their tasks started for them.   We want to start small but progress as we get comfortable with the process.    I appreciate the feedback.   NIPA has held sessions on this at various conferences.