Prof. Jonathan Forman Dies

We are saddened to learn of the death of Prof. Jonathan (Jon) Forman, who held the Kenneth E. McAfee Centennial Chair in Law at the University of Oklahoma College of Law, and had been on its faculty since 1985.

Prof. Forman was a member of the American College of Employee Benefits Counsel, and a prolific author on numerous tax and ERISA issues. "He will be greatly missed in our academic community," said Prof. Donald T. Bogan, also of the University of Oklahoma College of Law.

He taught courses in Individual Income Tax, Corporate Income Tax, Pension and Health Care Benefits, Nonprofit Organizations, Tax Procedure, Wealth Transfer Taxation, Tax Policy, Elder Law, and Welfare Law.

Following several successful surgeries after suffering an aortic dissection while out of state, he appeared to be on his way to a full recovery, but incurred a massive brain hemorrhage while his family prepared to bring him back home to Oklahoma.

Links to many of Jon's pension-related articles have been published on the BenefitsLink web site and its daily email newsletters.

More about Jon is on his LinkedIn page.

I enjoyed talking with Professor Jon Forman between our presentations to the ERISA Scholars Employee Benefits/Social Insurance Conference.

A gentleman, from whom we learned ways much more important than how to make and use law.

• Like 1

Peter Gulia PC

Fiduciary Guidance Counsel

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

215-732-1552

Peter@FiduciaryGuidanceCounsel.com

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry to learn of Jon's death.  Our paths crossed perhaps a dozen times over the last 15 years.  Kind, witty, dedicated, and an excellent tax professor and lawyer.  From his work as a professor and his research work outside of the university classrooms, not to mention his family that I recall he'd mention once in a while -- I'm sure he is missed and remembered by many, but particularly now as the university school year has begun again, without him.