Jump to content

Use plan assets to pay premiums for AD&D and hospitalization insurance for active employees?

Susan L.

Recommended Posts

Can the assets of a qualified governmental retirement plan (defined benefit or defined contribution) be used to pay premiums for insurance to provide welfare benefits for active public employees? I am aware of 401(h) for retiree medical and 402(l) for retired public safety officers, but can this be done for actives? If your answer is "up to the amount allowed under the incidental benefit rule," do you know where I can find an understandable summary of that rule? 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...