Stock sale - contribution

PS

Hi, 

Plan is terminating due to stock sale - the sale date is 05/13, the plan will terminate by 05/12.  The term date is 5/12 (thurs)  and pay date is 5/13 (Fri) terminating plan will  deduct/withhold the contributions on 5/10  (tues) I believe they can still post to the term plan since the deductions were withheld prior to the term date correct? or is it pay date driven?

Thanks

If the employer, without waiting for Friday’s payment of after-reductions net wages, processes the wage reductions on Tuesday, why not pay over the contributions on Tuesday (or on Wednesday morning)?

Peter Gulia PC

Fiduciary Guidance Counsel

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

215-732-1552

Peter@FiduciaryGuidanceCounsel.com

On 4/1/2022 at 10:28 AM, Peter Gulia said:

If the employer, without waiting for Friday’s payment of after-reductions net wages, processes the wage reductions on Tuesday, why not pay over the contributions on Tuesday (or on Wednesday morning)?

Current pay period 05/01/202022 – 05/15/2022 – The plan is terminating effective 05/11/2022 and hence the contribution should only be for the days from 05/01-05/11.  but I'm not sure how the short plan year will be calculate

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 2:08 PM, PS said:

Hi, 

Plan is terminating due to stock sale - the sale date is 05/13, the plan will terminate by 05/12.  The term date is 5/12 (thurs)  and pay date is 5/13 (Fri) terminating plan will  deduct/withhold the contributions on 5/10  (tues) I believe they can still post to the term plan since the deductions were withheld prior to the term date correct? or is it pay date driven?

Thanks

I agree. The plan had to be "alive" to have amounts deferred under it, but even terminated plans need to collect contributions owed, investment income, etc. while they are winding up.

Luke Bailey

Senior Counsel

Clark Hill PLC

214-651-4572 (O) | LBailey@clarkhill.com

2600 Dallas Parkway Suite 600

Frisco, TX 75034