Interest Rates for Cash Balance Plan

Good afternoon!  We took over a Cash Balance Plan and for '21 it appears they were using these interest rate s (they used the corridors under BBA):

image.thumb.png.978596a9b06b94402771a78f7d30932b.png

However, I see that this table hasn't been updated for Plan Years Beginning in 2022.  Does anyone know when these will be updated, or what can be used instead?

Thanks in advance!

That table won't be updated, since the pre-ARP segment rates are no longer available to be used for plan years starting in 2022.

What is the exact definition of interest crediting rate in the plan document?

Does Notice 2021-48 section III.B.3 shed any light on your situation?

Free advice is worth what you paid for it. Do not rely on the information provided in this post for any purpose, including (but not limited to): tax planning, compliance with ERISA or the IRC, investing or other forms of fortune-telling, bird identification, relationship advice, or spiritual guidance.

Corey B. Zeller, MSEA, CPC, QPA, QKA
Preferred Pension Planning Corp.
corey@pppc.co

28 minutes ago, C. B. Zeller said:

That table won't be updated, since the pre-ARP segment rates are no longer available to be used for plan years starting in 2022.

What is the exact definition of interest crediting rate in the plan document?

Does Notice 2021-48 section III.B.3 shed any light on your situation?

The document defines them as:

The “Code Section 417(e) interest rate” means the adjusted first, second and
third segment rates applied under Code Section 430(h)(2)(C), computed without
regard to 24 month averaging under Code Section 430(h)(2)(D) and without
regard to the adjustment for the 25-year average segment rates provided in Code
Section 430(h)(2)(C)(iv).

I realized I assumed you were talking about a plan that defines interest crediting rate with reference to the funding segment rates. But you didn't actually say that. So, when you said "they were using these interest rate s," using them for what purpose?

Free advice is worth what you paid for it. Do not rely on the information provided in this post for any purpose, including (but not limited to): tax planning, compliance with ERISA or the IRC, investing or other forms of fortune-telling, bird identification, relationship advice, or spiritual guidance.

Corey B. Zeller, MSEA, CPC, QPA, QKA
Preferred Pension Planning Corp.
corey@pppc.co

6 hours ago, Lou S. said:

That's a good point. My comments were all related to funding rates for the valuation. So if you're asking about something else, then my comments might not have relevance.

Sorry, I should've been more clear.  It was the funding rates for the valuation.

Thank you for your help!