Avg. Bfts. Test w/ more than one plan

dmb

I am a TPA with a client who has a cross tested plan that we administer using Quantech. There also is a 401k plan that is sponsored by the leasing company that covers our client's employees. I am trying to check the average benefits test for the cross tested plan. In order to do this i need to consider all contributions from all plans. However, the "annual additions, other plans" field is only for 415 purposes. Is there any way to include the other contributions for the average benefits test?? Thanks.

you have two choices.

either create a new plan (copying employees from your plan) and running the deferrals, etc in that one and combining the plans for testing. That is my vote. or

chnage your plan to a 401k and run the deferrals, print the data, then reverse the transactions you don't really want.

Somewhere I have a crystal report I was working to do the avg ben % test - you are forced into 8.5% interest and 1983 IAF Mortality - but it would treat your 'other plan amt' as a ps contribution and not deferral, so I don't think that would work. someday I will finish it (yeh right, as if I will get the time in the next few months to even look at it)

I should have added:

if you combine two or plans, and both have 401(a)(4)contributions, be careful about imputing permitted disparity. you are permitted to apply this on one plan only.

last I checked the system combines all numbers then imputes disparity.