SPDs and HR Consulting Firms

Guest Kara Detwiller

Guest Kara Detwiller

Hello-

I'm looking for some information about HR Consulting Firms and SPDs. More specifically, what percentage of SPDs are created by HR consulting firms. Of that percentage, who are the major players and any hard numbers I can get. For example, market share of the major players.

Thanks,

Kara

• 2 weeks later...
Guest benji

The major players are:

Buck Consulting

Hewitt

kwasha Lipton

Mercer

Although, Summary Plan Descriptions are typically provided by the plan provider. They work with a document consulting companies that draft the prototype plans, which the provider uses to create the adoption agreements and summary plan descriptions.

Companies like:

Mckay Hochman

Corbel

UPI

Hope this helps. No Stats for you!

The "big 5" (in no particular order) are Mercer, Hewitt, Aon, Wyatt, and Towers Perrin.

Kwasha Lipton has not existed as a separate company for a few years. It is now part of Pricewaterhousecoopers.

Of course, there are many other firms of various sizes.

Many plan documents are also done by law firms.

It is common, but not universal, that whoever produces a plan document will also provide the SPD.

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.