Recorded on April 28, 2016
Four years ago, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office for Civil Rights launched a HIPAA pilot audit program targeting covered entities nationwide. When the results of those audits showed that a majority of entities failed in their compliance efforts, they announced a second, more expansive, round of audits for 2016 – this time targeting both covered entities and business associates.
During this complimentary webinar, McAfee & Taft healthcare attorneys Patricia Rogers and Susan Walker highlight the lessons learned from the initial round of audits, review the scope and timeline of the forthcoming 2016 audits, and provide practical advice for maintaining compliance and preparing for a possible audit.
Topics covered include:
- Why the increased scrutiny by the OCR?
- Who is likely to be audited?
- Desk audits v. on-site audits
- Key compliance areas for HIPAA security, privacy and breach notification
- Audit countdown and preparation checklist
- Why conducting a risk analysis/assessment is an absolute “must do”
- Actual audit inquiries for risk assessments and other key areas
Continue by clicking on the following link: