Winston & Strawn will host an eLunch titled “Pension Plan De-risking – Legal Challenges and Opportunities” on Thursday, April 16, 2015, at 12:15-1:30 p.m. (Central).
Defined benefit pension plans represent a growing financial risk for many employers. To reduce the risk and volatility inherent in unfunded pension obligations, employers are increasingly turning to de-risking strategies. Each de-risking strategy involves various technical issues, and employers need to stay up to date on the latest legal developments in this rapidly changing area.
Please join Michael Falk, Erin Kartheiser, and Steve Flores from our employee benefits and executive compensation practice for a practical, interactive presentation that will investigate the options available to manage and mitigate pension risk and the associated legal requirements.
This eLunch will examine the following areas:
- Trends in pension plan de-risking
- In-plan investment strategies
- Lump-sum windows and annuitization of liabilities
- Plan freezes
- Plan spin-offs and terminations
- Additional considerations related to benefit formulas, non-qualified SERPs, and multiemployer pension plans
Continue by clicking on the following link: