[Recorded online and available for purchase.]
The IRS has released two Revenue Procedures updating EPCRS. This procedures reduce the costs of fixing mistakes in handling deferral elections and automatic enrollment, reduce the fees for fixing plan loan and required minimum distribution failures, and expand the time to self-correct certain 415 failures, provide additional options for correcting overpayments, and clarify procedural requirements. Overall, the EPCRS revisions are good news for practitioners and for plan sponsors.
This special one-hour web seminar will cover the revisions in depth. Come learn how the new rules will help you and the plans you serve.
There are no prerequisites for this presentation. The speaker will assume attendees have a basic understanding of plan corrections under EPCRS, the operation of 401(k) plans, and the taxation of participant loans.
Objectives: After attending this Web seminar, an attendee should be able to:
- Correct errors in withholding deferrals, including in plans using automatic enrollment and automatic escalation
- Advise employers on the costs and fees associated with correcting plan loan failures and RMD failures
- Recommend corrections for 415 failures
- Select appropriate forms for VCP applications
- Recommend appropriate solutions for failures involving overpayments to participants and beneficiaries
Continue by clicking on the following link: