10:00 am - 5:00 pm Eastern
Confidently Address QDRO Problems Now to Avoid Issues Down the Road
QDROs are one of the most treacherous areas of divorce. One simple mistake or omission can result in tremendous financial losses, litigation, or other far-reaching consequences for clients. Many attorneys learn from their mistakes the hard way, but you don't have to. In this practical legal program, our experienced faculty will address the top QDROs mistakes and challenges other attorneys face so you can effectively handle them in your own practice. Recognize the language landmines of different retirement plans, pick up best practices for avoiding valuation date issues, bypass the many pitfalls of equalization transfers and much more. Register today!
- Find out how to meet important deadlines and prevent the loss of benefits.
- Identify the characteristics of different retirement plans to avoid incorporating incorrect language in the QDRO.
- Examine the differences between separate and shared interest to determine which approach is most beneficial for your clients.
- Protect your clients from post-divorce surprises by addressing loans, delayed contributions and other issues.
- Take the proper precautions: incorporate the appropriate wording into the separation agreement.
- Learn how to successfully perform an equalization transfer for multiple plans while evading many of the dangers.
- Discover how to properly illustrate some of the more complex QDROs concepts to your clients.
Continue by clicking on the following link: