2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Eastern
Narrow provider network strategies have been increasingly deployed by health plans seeking delivery systems with enhanced potential to provide optimum value based care with respect to cost and quality. Many provider sponsors have pursued development or evolution of narrow network capabilities in response to Medicare ACO and commercial ACO and value based demand.
A new study - funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation “Measuring Provider Network Characteristics of Health Insurance Exchange,” principal investigator, Daniel Polsky - examined data from all silver plans offered in the 2014 health insurance exchanges in the fifty states and the District of Columbia to estimate the association between the breadth of a provider network and plan premiums.
Please join us Tuesday January 10th, 2017 at 2 PM Eastern as Daniel Polsky, Executive Director of the Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics, explains detailed research findings relating to the impact and implications of narrow networks on health plans premiums with respect to the public marketplaces.
After attending this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Review detailed research findings from the study: "Measuring Provider Network Characteristics of Health Insurance Exchange."
- Explore estimated health insurance Marketplace premium changes for increases in network size.
- Examine the groupings developed in categorizing the size and scope of provider networks.
- Understand the importance of determining network size at the plan–rating area level, and how this data was derived.
- Identify the associated models incorporated into the study, and their relevance in yielding the study findings.
- Ascertain applicable limitations of the study in addressing related narrow network issues.
- Consider public policy and marketplace implications of narrow network offering and pricing.
- Plus engage in interactive learning through online question submission, attendee feedback and opportunity for follow up questions, and networking with attendees, faculty and other professionals through dedicated LinkedIn group.
To purchase recording and materials: http://www.healthwebsummit.com/pastevents.htm
Continue by clicking on the following link: