1 PM Eastern
A number of federal laws govern situations in which an employee may need to be absent from work, perhaps due to an illness, accommodation, or family situation. Additionally, a number of states and localities are requiring that employees receive a minimum amount of sick leave. This is an area not covered by federal law, and each state or locality has its own requirements. There are numerous situations in which multiple laws could apply at both the federal and local level. How do these laws interact when determining how to handle an employee’s leave request? What are your obligations under the FMLA, ADA, state or local law when it comes to employee leave?
Please join Melissa Fleischer for this three session series in which she covers several key components of the leave of absence puzzle: FMLA compliance, the ADA-required interactive process, and the emerging area of state and local sick leave requirements. This series will provide attendees with the tools to help you address your employee leave of absence decisions in a manner compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
What You'll Learn
Part 2 - June 13, 2017 - ADA Interactive Process including:
Part 1 - June 8, 2017 - FMLA Compliance
- Review the latest guidance and cases under the ADA focusing on the interactive process
- Discuss when you must engage in the interactive process
- Find out when it’s safe to not engage in the interactive process
- Understand the steps to follow when engaging in the interactive process
- Learn how to deal with uncooperative employees who try to delay or derail the interactive process
- See for how long you must continue the interactive process
- Discover how many times you must try alternative accommodations
- Review actual examples of how to engage in the interactive process
- And much more!
Part 3 - June 14, 2017 - State and Local Sick Leave Laws
Continue by clicking on the following link: