The Qualified Separate Line of Business (QSLOB) rules can allow employers to split its business into distinct entities for plan coverage and testing purposes In some instances, the QSLOB rules would benefit the employer’s objectives, but the requirements are complex and unfamiliar to most administrators and recordkeepers. This seminar will review the requirements associated with QSLOBs to assist practitioners in identifying situations in which QSLOBs can benefit plan operations, as well as to identify scenarios in which the rules are unlikely to be beneficial.
- Definition of a "line of business"
- Identifying separate lines of business
- Determination if a SLOB is qualified
- IRS Notice requirements
- IRS QSLOB safe harbor requirements
- Applying for an IRS ruling on QSLOB status
- Coverage testing on a QSLOB basis
- Nondiscrimination testing on a QSLOB basis
Continue by clicking on the following link: