Recorded April 14, 2017
In this webinar, you will learn the math and formulas that health plans use to produce your renewal and identify some of the most common mistakes employers make analyzing the renewal.
Among other things, you will learn about the following topics:
1. Introduction to the Health Insurance Market
2. 2016 Election And Its Impact On The Health Insurance Market
- Current market conditions
- How are market conditions impacting health plan renewals
- Future Trends
3. Understanding Your Health Insurance Renewal
- Proposed legislative reforms that could impact your health insurance program
- The future of the Affordable Care Act and how it could impact your health plan
4. Best Practices
- Understanding key terms and concepts in your health insurance renewal
- How your experience period, claims history, reserves, administrative charges, plan design and trends will impact your health plan renewal.
- Why understanding the math behind the numbers is so important
5. Prescription Benefit Management Program
- How to drive cost efficiencies out of your health plan renewal through the negotiation process
- What steps should you be taking during the health plan renewal process?
- What’s the appropriate timeline to begin the health plan renewal process?
- How to avoid common mistakes when analyzing your health plan renewal
- Actuarial support – how it can benefit you.
- What role should your broker be playing supporting you during the health plan renewal process
- Understanding the importance of benchmarking
- Case studies
6. Alternative Funding Solutions
- What impact does the cost of drugs have on your health plan renewal
- Understanding the key concepts and definitions of your pharmacy contract
- Biggest mistakes employers make when analyzing the prescription drug program
- How to make rebates and discounts work for you and not your Prescription Benefit Manager (PBM)
- Case studies
- Is self-funding the right solution for my firm?
- Case study – going from Fully Insured to Self-Insured
- “Reference Based Pricing” what is it and how can it benefit your organization
- Private Exchanges
- How to ensure a proper implementation of renewal changes
More Information, How to Register