1:00 PM EDT
Being in compliance with HIPAA involves not only ensuring you provide the appropriate patient rights and controls on your uses and disclosures of protected health information, but you also have the proper policies and procedures in place. If audited or the subject of a compliance review you will be required to show the government you have all the necessary documentation in place for safeguarding patient Protected Health Information and indicate how you addressed all required security safeguards. This starts with the understanding the fundamentals of a HIPAA compliance.
If your healthcare practice, business, or organization needs to understand how to be prepared for a HIPAA audit and to make sure your current safeguards are adequate and can withstand government scrutiny, please join us for this informative and interactive course.
Areas covered in the session:
- Why was HIPAA created?
- What are the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules?
- What is a HIPAA Risk Management Plan?
- What is meant by "Required" and "Addressable" Implementation Specifications?
- What are Administrative, Technical, and Physical Safeguards Requirements?
- What is a HIPAA Risk Assessment?
- What are HIPAA training requirements?
- What is a HIPAA data breach and what happens if it occurs?
- What are the penalties and fines for non-compliance and how to avoid them?
- Preparing for a HIPAA Audit
- Creating a Culture of Compliance
Continue by clicking on the following link: