1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Eastern
Fulfilling the various requirements of the federal Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be both cumbersome and confusing for HR.
Join us for an in-depth webinar that will outline the top 10 compliance tripwires to avoid when developing your FMLA policy and putting it into practice. You’ll learn the most common and potentially confusing FMLA mistakes employers make and how to minimize the risk of legal liability under the law.
- How to make sure eligibility requirements are clearly spelled out so there’s no question as to who’s eligible and who isn’t
- How errors concerning designation of the FMLA year may occur
- How to manage the calculation of FMLA leave increments
- How to navigate when paid family leave requirements may apply — and how those interact and intersect with FMLA
- When an employee’s failure to follow customary call-in procedures is not a disqualifier for taking FMLA leave
- When requests for medical certification or for clarification on previously submitted certification is permitted, under what circumstances, and to what extent
- Particularly treacherous FMLA situations that could trigger additional protections and potential liability under the federal
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Continue by clicking on the following link: