12:00 PM ET
Do you need to train someone new? Do you need to brush up on the basics, or to fill in gaps in your knowledge? SunGard’s Fundamentals Series may be just what you need. 16 convenient 1-hour web seminars provide the information a pension practitioner needs to function effective in the modern 401(k) world. Pick and choose the topics you need, or participate in the entire series: the choice is yours.
Fundamentals Series 05: Elective Deferrals 
Elective deferrals are the heart of most retirement savings plans, so it is not surprising that the rules surrounding these vital contributions are detailed. While future seminars in this series will discuss testing (see program 6), safe harbors (see program 7), and Roth deferrals (see program 13), this program details the many other rules affecting elective deferrals and their employer contribution “cousin,” matching contributions.
- What is an elective deferral?
- Distribution restrictions
- Effective opportunity to defer
- Current availability
- Timing of deferrals and contribution
- Penalties for late contribution
- Problems with early contribution
- Conditional benefit rule
- 402(g) limit on deferrals
- Catch-up contributions
- Catch-up eligible employees
- Automatic contribution arrangements
- Permissible withdrawals
- Matching contributions
Continue by clicking on the following link: