1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EDT
Structuring employment agreements with senior executives can raise significant legal issues, considerations and consequences for employers and executives, including tax, securities, corporate and employment law, among others.
Additionally, because employment agreements for public company executives must often be publicly disclosed, these agreements and the amounts payable under them are subject to scrutiny from shareholders and their advisors, governmental agencies and others.
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- When employment agreements are appropriate
- What types of compensation structures that must be considered when negotiating and drafting an executive employment agreement
- How tax considerations for different forms of compensation
- What are the “hot-button” executive compensation issues from an investor’s perspective
- How to handle the release requirement in order for an executive to receive severance
- How an employer can bolster the enforceability of restrictive covenants
- When and how to include change in control protections
Continue by clicking on the following link: