2:00 pm - 3:30 pm Eastern
Legislation is changing rapidly with regards to employers being required to provide employees with accrued sick time. It began with city legislation, moved to states such as California, and now requires federal contractors to offer “sick pay”.
This webinar will get you up to date on current and pending legislation regarding mandated sick pay requirements, as well as help you to better understand the tax withholding and reporting for third party sick pay requirements.
Additionally, you will learn details about states with disability funds - and how the tax is handled and claims are worked with regard to your third party provider.
By attending this audio conference you will learn:
- Review ways companies can handle third party sick pay with their providers
- W-2 reporting requirements for third party sick pay
- What tax should be withheld and reported - and by whom
- How to handle waiting periods before disability starts
- Review of state and city of legislation of sick accruals that must be provided to employees
- State Disability Plan review - from tax that funds them to how the claims affect employers
- The tax withholding and reporting for third party sick pay requirements
Continue by clicking on the following link: