2:00 p.m. EDT
The federal government passed the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or HIPAA, in 1996. The law protects the privacy of workers’ health information and streamlines aspects of healthcare administration. HIPAA affects almost every employer who offers employees a group health plan.
This webinar provides an overview of what employers need to know in order to administer HIPAA and stay in compliance in their workplaces.
- Understand HIPAA
- Learn how HIPAA applies to employees and to you
- Learn exactly what the HIPAA security rules are — and who they apply to
- Stay in compliance and be confident you’re addressing new requirements
- Discover the specific circumstances when you can disclose a person’s information without prior consent
- Learn the importance of identifying who in your company is allowed access to sensitive employee health information and who definitely is not
Continue by clicking on the following link: