In July, we hosted a webinar describing the new paid family leave law and its impact on New York employers. Since then, we have obtained additional guidance from the regulatory agencies clarifying several important aspects of the implementation of this complex law. Most significantly, the Department of Financial Services recently changed the method of computing payroll deductions, which employers should understand before the January 1, 2018, implementation date of the law.
Please join us on December 6 for an online webinar as we provide further clarification on the New York Paid Family Leave Benefits Law and its regulations.
Topics we will address include:
- An in-depth description of the requirements of the law and regulations and how they compare to the FMLA
- Answering the top questions we have received from employers regarding paid family leave
- Employer options regarding how benefits are paid to employees
- Collecting employee contributions before January 2018, including the new method of calculating contributions
- The additional steps that employers should take between now and January 2018 and beyond
Speaker: Tony Dulgerian, Associate
Continue by clicking on the following link: