The IRS recently approved the ASC pre-approved defined benefit plans for cycle 2 (PPA) restatements. As a document provider, you need to know the requirements of the pre-approved defined benefit plan program and be comfortable with the plans you provide to your clients.
In this 2-hour free webcast, John Griffin, J.D., LL.M., will guide you through important aspects of the IRS pre-approved defined benefit plan program, discuss the new defined benefit plan restatement process and timing requirements and review the newly-approved ASC pre-approved defined benefit plans.
The following topics will be covered during the webcast:
- General requirements under the IRS pre-approved defined benefit plan program
- Plan restatement timing requirements
- Scope of reliance provided by an IRS Advisory Letter
- Impermissible pre-approved defined benefit plan designs
- Responsibilities of a pre-approved defined benefit plan sponsor
- Overview of the ASC pre-approved defined benefit plan documents, including:
- Volume Submitter Defined Benefit Plan (integrated & non-integrated)
- Volume Submitter Cash Balance Plan
- Volume Governmental Defined Benefit Plan (includes Cash Balance provisions)
Industry expert and ERISA attorney, John Griffin, J.D., LL.M., has over 35 years' experience in the employee benefits field, including training and consulting with top firms in the industry.
Continue by clicking on the following link: