Multiemployer withdrawal liability can be triggered when an employer contributes to a multiemployer (Union) pension plan. Liability is often in the millions of dollars. Companies purchasing stock or assets of other entities can inadvertently assume withdrawal liability. Thus, it is an important and often overlooked M&A issue.
This one-hour audio teleseminar, presented by a leading expert on multiemployer plans, will address the withdrawal liability risk associated with multiemployer pension plan withdrawal as well as tips and strategies for minimizing those risks.
Topics to be covered include:
- Overview of withdrawal liability;
- Calculation and payment of withdrawal liability;
- Resolution of disputes concerning withdrawal liability;
- Controlled group and successor employer liability issues;
- The Pension Protection Act of 2006 (“PPA”): Changes to multiemployer pension plans.
Richard A. Naegele, Partner, Wickens, Herzer, Panza, Cook & Batista, Avon, Ohio
Continue by clicking on the following link: