Section 162(m) was revised as part of the tax reform bill passed at the end of 2017 to place additional limitations on the ability of certain corporations to deduct amounts in excess of $1 million paid to officers of a corporation.
This Bottom Line videocast discusses:
- the expanded rule, including the loss of the performance-based compensation exception
- the impact of the rule on affected companies in designing future compensation
- open issues, including the transition rule for grandfathered compensation agreements
- Meredith L. O'Leary, Eversheds Sutherland
- Laura A. Taylor, Eversheds Sutherland
Continue by clicking on the following link: