Registration check-in / Coffee and Danish begin at 8:00 a.m.
The session starts at 8:30 a.m. and adjourns at 4:30 p.m.
The Form 5500 filing provides government regulators, plan participants, and the public with important information about retirement plans. The answers filed in this complex document can trigger regulator examinations, provide information that can be used by service providers to disrupt existing relationships, or details that participants and attorneys can use to make claims against the plan.
This workshop will provide you with the tools necessary to understand the filing obligations a plan sponsor may have and how to satisfy them while minimizing the likelihood of IRS or DOL correspondence.
Relius Education’s Form 5500 Workshop is constantly changing to help you meet the new challenges. Of course, you will find answers to your Form 5500 and 8955-SSA questions, but we will also be taking a close look at:
- The status of the Form 5500 Modernization Project proposal
- Removal of the "optional" IRS compliance questions
- The final program for late filing Form 5500-EZ
- Changes to the 2017 Form 5500
Upon completion of the Workshop, an attendee should be able to:
- Identify which questions and responses likely will invite IRS / DOL audits or investigations
- Complete the Form 5500 and accompanying schedules correctly
- Determine when to use Form 5500-SF or 5500-EZ
- Determine whether to answer new compliance questions and how to answer them
- Complete a Form 5500 for a welfare plan and a 403(b) plan
- Complete the Form 8955-SSA
- Resolve a late filing of a 5500 series Form
Note: Back-to-back scheduling!
The Form 5500 Workshop is followed by the ERISA Workshop. A multi-program registration discount is offered for those who wish to attend both programs at the same location.
Speaker: David Schultz, J.D.
David is an attorney and educator with FIS Relius.
Hilton Garden Inn Appleton/Kimberly
720 Eisenhower Dr
Kimberly, WI 54136
Continue by clicking on the following link: