Registration check-in / Coffee and Danish begin at 8:00 a.m.
The session starts at 8:30 a.m. and adjourns at 4:30 p.m.
Covering Current Events, EPCRS and VCP, and Plan Amendments
Questions. Retirement plans and retirement planning are filled with questions, and the answers are constantly changing. This year’s ERISA Workshop is focused on giving you the answers you need to the difficult questions that plague retirement plan practitioners. As always, we will feature discussion and case studies on some of the top issues of the day, such as:
- How changes in Washington may impact retirement plan laws and regulations over the coming years
- How recent regulatory changes, from the new hardship distribution documentation guidelines to guidance on missing participants impact plan administration
- The risks and requirements faced by plan fiduciaries
- The rules relating to the timing, processes, and concerns associated with terminating retirement plans
Taught by professional attorney / instructors, the ERISA workshop makes the rules come alive by presenting them against the backdrop of real life problems. Our attorney / instructors not only know what the law says, they know how to present it in a manner that is clear and readily understandable.
After the program, attendees should be able to:
- Determine the proper process for terminating a plan
- Distinguish between benefits, rights, and features
- Explain the requirements for dealing with missing participants and un-cashed checks
- Properly advise plan sponsors regarding fiduciary duties and risks
- Develop efficient processes for documenting participant loans and hardship distributions
- Explain the impact of recent legislative and regulatory changes on plan administration and operation
- Test benefits, rights, and features for nondiscrimination
Note: Back-to-back scheduling! The ERISA Workshop is preceded on the prior day by the Form 5500 Workshop. A multi-program registration discount is offered for those who wish to attend both programs at the same location.
Speaker: David Schultz, J.D.
David is an attorney and educator with FIS Relius.
Hilton Garden Inn Appleton/Kimberly
720 Eisenhower Dr
Kimberly, WI 54136
Continue by clicking on the following link: