Fringe benefits are an important factor in recruiting and retaining employees, and they contribute to overall job satisfaction. But offering these benefits may also bring complex situations regarding taxation and compliance, and raise questions such as
- When is an employee also an independent contractor?
- What does the IRS consider a taxable benefit?
- What are the hurdles to provide benefits in a non-taxable manner?
- Employer provided vehicles
- Spouse travel
- Club memberships
- Individuals receiving both a Form 1099 and a W-2
- Comp time programs
- Transportation benefits and perks
- Gift Cards
- Moving expenses
Speaker: Tracy Paglia, CPA, Partner, Moss Adams LLP
Continue by clicking on the following link: