This Health & Welfare Benefits Plans National Institute includes an in-depth focus on employee health and welfare plans. Attend the program to hear from government speakers about recent and upcoming guidance. Find out how companies are responding and what approaches they are taking to comply. In addition to a lively update on regulatory and other developments featuring top speakers from government agencies and the private bar, the program will cover audit and enforcement activity, health and welfare plan litigation, fiduciary issues, HIPAA data privacy, Prescription Drug Programs, Mental Health Parity, and offer practical breakouts and two ethics sessions.
Topics will include:
- The Nuts and Bolts: An Introduction to ERISA Welfare Plans
- Legislative Update by Consultants
- Tri-Agency Perspectives on Health Care Reform
- Wellness Plan Designs and Abuses
- Mental Health Parity
- Prescripton Drug Programs
- Ethical Considerations in Health and Welfare Benefit Plans
- Hot Topics in Health and Welfare Plan Litigation
- HIPAA Omnibus Rules and Data Privacy Challenges for Plan Sponsors
- ERISA Preemption
- IRS and Department of Treasury Update
- Breakout Sessions including Managing Your Health and Welfare Benefit Plans Prudently: Fiduciary Concerns; and others TBD.
- Linda Mendel, Vorys Sater Seymour and Pease LLP, Columbus, OH
- Vanessa A. Scott, Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP, Washington, DC
- Mark L. Stember, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP, Washington, DC
- Carolyn Trenda, McGuireWoods LLP, Chicago, IL
Event will be held at: Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City, Arlington, VA
For further information call Karen Case at (202) 662-8641 or email Karen.Case@americanbar.org.
Continue by clicking on the following link: